Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tadaaa!

uuuuugg... I spent all evening on the internet... it was not on purpose. What's the difference between a live journal and a blog? I ask you. Today was really excelent aside from my inability to pry myself away from the interweb. I've been caught in it's glue-silk. I may resort to drastic measures... which will remain mysterious for the moment. FIND OUT NEXT er... SOMETIME SOON.........

I worked on job applications. I applied to the coolest jobs first and then discovered problemes with my resume that the cool employers will tip down their sunglasses and raise eyebrows at. Such is life. I got some responses though! They didn't turn into anything because I don't have a french bachelors but at least now I know I'm barking up the right tree! Woof y'all! It snowed in a rainy way, which was preety on the bamboo clusters surounding the library. I wanted to take pictures but my camera's battery was dead. Tomorrow.

I met for the first time with a girl named Andrea. She's from Mexico City and she's getting a degree in translation, for which she has to master French, English, and Spanish. We totally want to learn the same languages! I helped her practice english for an hour, it was so much fun. She was studying irregular verbs like sleep, spend, get, take, steel, feel, hear. We made up stories about Haiti- I felt the ground shaking, I hear the house falling, I got food rations from the rescue team. Also about her getting her wallet stolen- They spent my money, they took my walet, I sleep with one eye open. Next week we're going to do the same thing in spanish! She's a big sweetheart.

I went to the grocery store too and bought beans and tomatoes. I wonder where I could find a place to buy Masa here, then I can make tortillas and tamales. I did what I did for as long as I could... and now it's bed time. Night!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you found a friend to study languages with. I'm sure it will be beneficial for both of you.

    ReplyDelete