Monday, February 8, 2010

Maybe I'll write more often...

It appears I've taken a break from my journal in French so that means it's probably a good time to blog.

Lord I hope I get accepted to this bachelors program for next year... I met with an academic advisor today and it was helpful. If I am accepted I'll have the opportunity to learn two other languages while studying French. She told me that with the degree I'm going for it's hard to find opportunities in France but easier abroad, which is good for me! I want to start learning Chinese, we'll see where that takes me. There are so many opportunities for teaching languages in China. Otherwise Spanish is one of the languages I would study. I met a girl from Latin America who's getting a degree in translation here, we're going to exchange English/Spanish lessons. The first one is tomorrow, I'm excited!

If I don't get accepted though, I have a back up plan : be an au pair. To be continued.

After meeting that advisor I moved over to the Mission Emploi office. They have an awesome trove of how-to books for cover letters and resumes. I found a book of anti-cover letters mixed in there with the serious stuff, it's HILARIOUS. First point of business: make an awesome kick ass cover letter for babysitting jobs. I would love to babysit; kids are awesome and it would be a totally different experience from what I can get in a class room. Using the über-polite vocabulary expected by employers is fun, for example...

Dans l'attent, Monsieur, veuillez agréer l'expression de mes sentiments distingués.

In the mean time, Sir, please accept the expression of my distinguished sentiments.

heehee! So polite and so banal!!

When the Mission Emploi closed I went to the library and rooted around for Beginning Spanish books. Nuthin. So I studied for the upcoming French test to prove to the universe how awesome I am at French. I did verb drills and listened to music, it was fun! The library is all glass and metal, and surrounded by bamboo.

Now I'm home drinking caramel tea. I should start meditating again. Ok I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment